Thursday, September 6, 2018

The Universe Says Yes

I was attending a QiGong teacher training this past weekend, and one of the teachers was talking about presenting classes and finding new students and starting a qigong business.  She said, "just imagine--the universe says yes."  I loved that idea, because it is so much more helpful to focus on things going well and turning out as opposed to fearing resistance and failure. 

Yet, how often are we trapped in negative, unhelpful thoughts that seem to become reality?  I know I am guilty of this.  Just this week, I went to my OrangeTheory Fitness workout, and the trainer said that is was "strength" day.  That means we are running hills on the treadmill.  I don't like running hills, and I dislike strength day a lot.  I heard a fearful voice in my head say--I can't do this.  Then I realized immediately that my body was eavesdropping on my mind.  I knocked it off right then and there.  I turned it around and just ran the hills.  The universe says yes.

This week, the weather turned just a bit in Minnesota.  Jackets are coming out, and the temps are dipping a little. The leaves are turning on some trees, and it feels like a change is coming.  In times of transition, it can be helpful to look back and see where we were, to learn from experience--as we look forward to see where we are going.  Looking back over the summer, we can consider what the universe said yes to?  A vacation, more fun times, longer days, more light--the universe said yes to all of those things.  Now, let's also consider what might have gotten in the way? 

Now, let's plan on the universe saying yes to what we'd really like to have.  We too change with the seasons.  We are organic material.  We feel differently.  We eat differently.  We sleep differently.  We are not the same this fall as we were all summer.  That keeps life interesting.  With that in mind--what will we expect and plan--for the universe to say yes to? 

The power of your mind to control your body and your life cannot be underestimated.  Shedding fattening thoughts is just as much a part of the journey of a healthy, long life as shedding pounds and decreasing in inches. 

Expect this journey to go well. 
Expect this journey to change from moment to moment. 
Expect this journey to take you places where you will meet demons and earth angels. 
Expect this journey to be worthwhile and worthy of you. 

Expect the universe to say yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment