Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Expand Your Horizons

As I compose this post, I am reflecting on just how much my own horizons have been expanded in the past two years and just how valuable this has been in my life's journey.  

It was two years ago when my manager asked me to participate in a pilot program then called "Find Your Me."  I was open to more responsibilities and honored to be asked.  From the very start I noticed shifts and made connections that I was not previously aware of.  Perhaps I hadn't slowed down long enough or been prompted or been exposed to the proven life coaching techniques made simple.  It was enlightening for me, as a participant and as a WW leader to share this with members and notice their shifts and realizations and what a difference it made in their lives.

As a "body" person, I was just as open to becoming a Chi Flow guide.  I am a yoga instructor, but I didn't know anything about chi gong--or the WW version of it--which we call Chi Flow.  Yet, it too was a new opportunity, more responsibility and an exciting challenge I was ready for.  This was a completely different format for WW members, and no one was sure how it would be received.  After lots of training and development, the pilot program continues and has expanded.  The overwhelming response has been amazing.   Who doesn't want to feel good in their bodies and become more relaxed?

I now find myself in yet another unforeseen situation where I am helping to bring these two experiences to life for 150 people here, mostly leaders, their managers and upper managers among others.  While the past two years have gone by quickly, it's humbling to know that something that started small in Minnesota has become so big and crossed the Atlantic.  It is a reminder to me that little things do matter. One person can make a big difference to a lot of people.  There can be a dramatic and exponential effect to bringing more health, wellness and wholeness to the world.

As someone who considers herself a healer and a helper, I am expanding my own horizons and getting out of my familiar surroundings.  I am encouraging you to do the very same thing.  What are the opportunities that are calling you?  Are they leading you by the heart or by the head?  Are they part of the pretty picture that is the life you wish for?  What might it be like to know that you are where you want to be, doing what you like, shifting from waiting to living a dream?


No comments:

Post a Comment