Tuesday, February 23, 2016

What Kind of Person do I want to be?

This question came up last week, and it gave everyone pause.  What kind of person do I want to be?   We can answer this question on so many levels.  I want to be a good mother to my daughters.  I want to be a good employee at my job.  I want to be a good citizen to my neighbors.  I want to be an active and participating member at my church.  I want to be an athlete at my gym...

When it comes to weight loss and self improvement, however, we get to answer that question with our actions all day long.  I want to be a person who is in control of my eating.  I want to be a person who packs snacks, plans ahead and stays within my smartpoints.  I want to be a person who gets satisfied with less.  I want to be a person who can say no to temptation more often than not...

Not unlike other areas of our lives, we have to keep working at it.  We have to keep finding ways to succeed by breaking down the work into manageable pieces and then doing the work.  Fortunately, with weight loss and self improvement, we take baby steps before big leaps.  We figure out good breakfasts and lunches before we go to an all-you-can-eat buffet.  This approach has worked well in other areas of our lives, and it works well with weight loss and self improvement.

We can make small changes on a regular basis that will add up to big results if we start by answering the question:  What kind of person do I want to be?   Think deeply about your answers.  Then, ask for help if you need it (like an accountability partner) or help from others doing similar things.  Then, just do it.  NIKE has it right.  We have to just DO IT once the figuring out is done.  Take a step, make a leap.  Find yourself acting like the person you want to be.  Find yourself living like the person you want to be.  Find yourself thriving like the person you always knew you could be.





Le

No comments:

Post a Comment